Akram Masri has over 21 years of progressive Structural and Civil Engineering experience in the private sector, specifically in the areas of structural design, civil design, foundation design, construction management and site inspections/certifications, with an emphasis on residential, industrial and commercial design.
Akram has had a variety of roles and responsibilities, including, but not limited to, the below roles:
- analysing configurations of the basic structural components of a building or other structure;
- calculating the pressures, stresses and strains that each component, such as a beam or lintel, will experience from other parts of the structure due to human use or environmental pressures such as weather or earthquakes;
- considering the strength of various materials, e.g. timber, concrete, steel and brick, to see how their inclusion may necessitate a change of structural design;
- liaising with other designers, including architects, to agree on safe designs and their fit with the aesthetic concept of the
- examining structures at risk of collapse and advising how to improve their structural integrity, such as recommending removal or repair of defective parts or rebuilding the entire
- making drawings, specifications and computer models of structures for building contractors;
- working with geotechnical engineers to investigate ground conditions and analyse results of soil sample and in situ tests;
- liaising with construction contractors to ensure that newly erected buildings are structurally sound;
- applying expert knowledge of the forces that act on various
- using computers and computer-aided design (CAD) technology for simulation purposes.